Canyons of the Ancients Visitor Center and Museum is Southwest Colorado’s premier archaeological museum, operated by the Bureau of Land Management since 1988. All museum facilities are wheelchair-accessible.
Canyons of the Ancients Visitor Center and Museum is a museum focusing on Ancestral Puebloan, Native American, and historic cultures in the Four Corners region. It is also headquarters for visitors traveling to Canyons of the Ancients National Monument.
- Permanent exhibits on archaeology, local history and Native American cultures
- Two 12th-century archaeological sites (Ask a volunteer about the visiting these sites just outside of the museum.)
- Special exhibits and events
- Educational resources for teachers
- Internships for enrolled and recently graduated college students
- Research library of archaeology and anthropology resources
- Research collection of more than 3 million artifacts and records from archaeological projects in Southwest Colorado
- Picnic area and half-mile nature trail