One of the best hikes in the area! Explore Cross Canyon Wilderness Study Area (WSA) and discover history through the ages! Experience how the Ancestral Pueblo people constructed their homes throughout time. Enjoy and appreciate riparian landscapes of the canyon. Your guide will lead you on an adventure of learning about the deep history of this country. Abundant vegetation makes secret of ancient rock art, so bring binoculars! Visit a historic homestead to witness how Euro-Americans also learned to thrive here.
- Interpretive hike with information on Visit with Respect, Leave No Trace, Ancestral Pueblo culture, botany, biology, archaeology.
- Guide will meet participants at BLM Canyons of the Ancients kiosk on corner of County Road 10 and BLM Road 4721 to lead to hiking point.
- Suggested Time: 5-6 hours; participants responsible for lunch, water, snacks
- Cost: $320 for up to 4 people, additional $40 per person over 4
- Difficulty: Moderate with maneuvering through brush, potential stream crossings