Hike and explore a large Ancestral Pueblo community and a smaller one from an earlier time. Woods Canyon Pueblo is a canyon rim, talus slope, and canyon bottom city with multiple towers, D-shaped structures, and “cliff dwellings.”
- Interpretive hike with information on Visit with Respect, Leave No Trace, Ancestral Pueblo culture, botany, biology, archaeology.
- Guide will meet participants at Yellow Jacket Mercantile on Road Y just west of Hwy 491 and lead to parking space on BLM 4528.
- Suggested Time: 6 hours; participants responsible for lunch, water, snacks
- Cost: $285 for up to 4 people, additional $35 per person over 4
- Difficulty: Moderate-challenging with steep downhill and uphill, maneuvering through sites, moving through brush