So much more to Lowry Pueblo National Historic Landmark than meets the eye! Begin your tour at the pueblo to discover what was happening on a regional level when this structure was initiated during the great Chaco era. Your guide will bring to light the many remodeling episodes and how the Great House was formed. Continue to the “neighborhood” of other Great Houses and contemporaneous pueblos. End your tour viewing a later community to see how architecture changes through time on the landscape. (This tour dovetails nicely with Tour # 4 at a 10% discount!)
- Interpretive hike with information on Visit with Respect, Leave No Trace, Ancestral Pueblo culture, botany, biology, archaeology.
- Guide will meet participants at Lowry Pueblo
- Suggested Time: 4 hours; participants responsible for lunch, water, snacks
- Cost: $200 for up to 4 people, additional $25 per person over 4
- Difficulty: Easy to moderate; some navigation through brush and rocks