Southwest Colorado Canyons Alliance
Hike the Canyons of the Ancients National Monument!
We collaborate with the Bureau of Land Management to engage the public through education, outreach, and stewardship for the use and enjoyment of the natural and cultural landscape of Canyons of the Ancients National Monument and nearby public lands.
SCCA is excited to be a part of the 2023 Four Corners Lecture Series! Click on a link below for more information and/or to register
Canyons of the Ancients Visitor Center and Museum is Southwest Colorado’s premier archaeological museum, operated by the Bureau of Land Management since 1988. All museum facilities are wheelchair-accessible.
Canyons of the Ancients Visitor Center and Museum is a museum focusing on Ancestral Puebloan, Native American, and historic cultures in the Four Corners region. It is also headquarters for visitors traveling to Canyons of the Ancients National Monument.
- Permanent exhibits on archaeology, local history and Native American cultures
- Two 12th-century archaeological sites (Ask a volunteer about the visiting these sites just outside of the museum.)
- Special exhibits and events
- Educational resources for teachers
- Internships for enrolled and recently graduated college students
- Research library of archaeology and anthropology resources
- Research collection of more than 3 million artifacts and records from archaeological projects in Southwest Colorado
- Picnic area and half-mile nature trail
Friends of Canyons of the Ancients National Monument.
Service Projects on Public Lands